Thursday, June 9, 2011

Too Much Makeup

What do we have against human looking skin?  Being a product of the sixties and its movement away from artifice, I find more and more of the women I shoot are slathered in makeup that is seemingly designed to make one look as if you're photoshopped...back in the day we would have called it airbrushed.  In hot weather the stuff flakes and chips and requires more retouching.  
Dodge the dark part of the eyes, go over the whites with a 5% white brush, patch this, clone that, blur, sharpen, blur again.  I'm not suggesting we go all hairy and such, the fact that we constantly idealize images, I believe, prevent us from accepting ourselves if we are not altogether model gorgeous.
Now he's got makeup skills...my one main concession to is in getting the eyes to stand out.  I use the above soft white 5% brush and all to do it  If only for the fact that brown eyes tend to go completely dark and lifeless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment