Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Film is Well and Truly Over

Butterfly



























One reason I will never shoot film again.  It took me a lot of frames to have everything fall into place.  Focus, no motion blur, focus and did I mention focus?  Shot wide open and I had about 1/32 of an inch dof...kept creeping in toward the little guy, hoping he (or she?) would fly away, and umpteen frames later - voila!      

Just read that Fuji is taking several films off the market.  Well, I for one, will miss Sensia, in an abstracted kind of way, since I haven't used film in four years.  I do not miss the stacks of slides that were a little unsharp, not quite properly exposed, framed, scratched, or where one of the crowd in the group shot decided to explore their nose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment