Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Birds and Trees

There are times I wish I liked the cold weather because of the images one can get.  And it's slippery!!! 

I'm pretty sure that the Cardinal is wondering about that thing called protective coloration, and why he doesn't have any. 

The snow at this time of year tends to be fluffy and decorates everything real pretty-like.  
At least my fingers aren't freezing to the metal of the    camera  -  the Canon I use has a nice coating on it.
I am still getting used to this whole digital thing - especially the looong tonal range.  My mind still tends to go to film based thinking; and I get surprised by the shadow and highlight detail that I get.  

This allows for real control of black and white, which I prefer for most snow scenes, since I don't like the excess blue that tends to occur in color snow shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment