Monday, December 6, 2010

Oh The Humanity



Tulips are one of my favorite subjects to photograph. They change rapidly, and become more and more beautiful. Got some Parrot Tulips the other day, set up the lights, and blazed away. Was all technical and careful and low ISO and all.

Later on the afternoon light came through my window and lit the little fellers better than anything I could have thought of.

Not a lot of light, and it was changing rapidly what with clouds and all, so I dialed up to ISO 2000, then 3200, took a deep breathe and shot and shot and shot (the light was changing fast).

I promptly printed a couple of 11x17 prints...

No surprise - the hand held, low light, iso 3200 image looked better.

If there is a lesson here it's probably that you can see a lot just by looking and the hell with
technical overkill...

No comments:

Post a Comment