Thursday, January 20, 2011

High ISO Goodness

Ok - it's my kid - we were out at dinner and we were sitting by the front window.  Cranked it up to ISO 3200 and shot a couple before she got the teenage woo - woos about her looks (doesn't like the way she looks).

Did a little basic skin fixing up - cleaned up the eyes - and kapow!

I found  a really neat way to boost eyes:

I use Nik Color FX set to tonal contrast and paint on the irises.
Using a soft white brush set at 5% paint on the whites (not too much, just enough to help).  Sometimes I do the same with a black brush on the dark areas of the eyes.

Most information on portrait retouching are long and complex.  Before I start to work on a portrait, a decision has to be made about how idealized the image will be.  Too much and you have a plastic doll.  Photoshop works best, for me, when I don't have to do too much.   

No comments:

Post a Comment