Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Don't Even Miss Kodachrome....


That was  a hard film to shoot.  And expensive - it was at least two to three dollars more per role to buy, and another two or three to process.  ISO couldn't be changed by pushing or pulling, it tended to have a greenish cast in it's last few years of production, was contrasty as hell, but when it worked - WOW. 

I certainly do not miss carrying several types of film, two or more camera bodies, and almost always running into a situation where the film I had, no matter which one, was not quite right for the situation...

I grew real fond of Tmax 3200, but in reality, I could barely squeak an EI of 1600 out of it.  And it was grainy! 

When Fuji came out with their 800 speed film (really came in at EI 650ish) I stopped shooting black and white entirely.

Today - one camera - infinite possibilities, no longer determined by film type. 

No comments:

Post a Comment